Wednesday 12 September 2018

Love From Lizi Mega Kit


Even though Halloween is not for awhile yet, I recently received the September Mega Kit from Love from Lizi, and began to play with all the amazing goodies in it right away..........and I am in love! Lizi released this mega kit to celebrate her companies 2nd birthday, this September. 

If you haven't heard of Love from Lizi, here is a touch about her company. Lizi is based out of the UK, designs and manufactures many of her own products as well as carries several name brand companies you may be more familiar with in North America. She releases some pretty awesome kits monthly, as well as add on products and ships them just about any where in the world, in pretty fast order might I add! Her pricing is incredible for the kit contents. I was truly blown away with this months kit and its contents, and the price is was sold at. The kits sell out fairly quickly, so shop fast friends!

I had known of  Love From Lizi and own a few of  her products, however, I got to meet her this past July at a retreat in the United States, and adored her immediately. She was along side the lovely Laura Gallimore, who was teaching a class there. We gabbed tons over lunch, at classes and everything in between. I have a deep love for the UK, so of course we talked of that a lot! We joked we were the fellow Commonwealth crafters, as I am Canadian and they are from the UK!

This is us between classes one day at a Stamp Junkies retreat.
 Laura Gallimore on the the left, the lovely Lizi in the middle, and me on the right.


This post will be picture heavy so I can share some of the things I made. In all honesty, I created 22 cards so far, and still have lots of bits and pieces to go, and of course the stamps and dies can be used for ever and a day, because that is the awesome part about stamp and die combos...they stick around!  Most everything I used is from the kit, with few exceptions, mostly I added black cardstock. This kit is so chock full, you don't need to add much. 


This card simply used paper and the flower die cuts from the kit, and I arranged them in the cauldron. 
Added a touch a of sequins and the Nuvo drops to finish off. 
Certainly not Halloweenish, (is that a word??)  but I love it!




This card uses the die cuts and the wood cauldron, which I just added colour to with a black copic marker. Sequins and nuvo are bubbling out to add some fun! She might be my favourite!


For this card, I added colour contrast by using the peel offs that are part of the kit to frame out the tag and card. It is really easy to do, yet adds dimension and sparkle to the card, as well as matches the kit paper perfectly!

Simple use of the awesome wood skulls, and just mounted on a piece of kraft cardstock as is matched so well.

Ok, maybe she is my favourite........I just love them all!  Anyhoo, for this background, I used the included spider web stencil, and inked it with Distress oxide ink and spritz of water. While the paper was still wet, I touched it ever so slightly with leftover Brusho that was on my mat, and I love how it turned out. Bits of blue and orange flecks in there to add interest. To finish off, added another lovely lady and sentiment to the front and called it done. 


For this card, I used the new to me product called Brusho. How fun is that stuff?? I honestly had to Google what to do with it, now I am hooked and need more colours. I sprinkled a touch on the paper added water and magic happened....so cool the backgrounds you can make. Added the sweet witch on her broom, pumpkins, stamped a sentiment and of course bling.


This lovely is just added to a simple oval background and embellished in the corner with flowers and a sentiment. I felt her sweetness called for polka dots, so I made some using the Nuvo drops



This little trio, was using some of my bits and pieces at the end and thinking outside of a traditional card. The kitty card is a shaker card, well because all those sequins screamed for a shaker card, and I made a little pocket inside for a gift card that you pull out using the die cut broom. The owl is sitting pretty with her matching ribbon on a gift bag, and the last is a little box for candy y'all. Wrapped more ribbon around it to look festive and the little green spider was an add on, I had in my stash.




Last but not least, this cutey is hanging with her spider friends. Once again, these are from my stash, but matched the paper so well. I really love this pink paper and how it makes her pop.


So crafty friends, I hope I have inspired you a touch and to start thinking Halloween. Please hop over to Lizi's website and check her kits and products out. You can find her at https://www.lovefromlizi.com/

Happy 2nd Birthday, Love from Lizi.....keep up the great work!

This is all the awesome stuff that comes in the kit! So many goodies



Remember...be creative, think of others and kindness always matters.

 Kim






2 comments: