Thursday 20 September 2018

The Ton Stamps -- Butterfly Love




In today's post, I will be working with these stunning stamps and die from The Ton Stamps.  I own many stamps and inks from them, they are hands down one of my favourite companies out there. The quality of the product is top notch and some of the most visually impressive designs on the market right now. If I am scrolling around on social media, I can always spot The Ton Stamps designs on a card, there is something distinctive about Effie's stamp detail, that makes them pop!

So this July, I got to meet the lovely owner of The Ton Stamps in person, and I was in awe!  She is equal measures of gorgeous, talent and genuine, through and through! I LOVED chatting and hanging out with her, and her mom, as well as taking her phenomenal make and take.  I learned so much about watercolouring!!


Me, giddy to meet this delightful human, named Effie, the owner of The Ton Stamps!!

Like I said earlier, I own several products from The Ton Stamps, however, I only discovered the large pop up dies while they were all spread out in front of me at the make and take. Wow!!  Are they ever neat!  I played around with the peony pop up die there, but knew when I got home, I needed to order the Butterfly one......just so pretty!


I purchased the Monarch Pop-Up Dies and the Beautiful Butterflies 3 Stamp set, and that is what I will be sharing with you today.


I started by creating background paper using the stamps. Using black Versafine, I stamped a random pattern all over the paper, added Hero Arts clear embossing powder and heat set. I kept the colouring of the butterflies super simple, because I wanted to create half a dozen 8x10 sheets, so just a quick bit of orange and yellow went into them, using my Zig markers. At first, I was going to keep the background white, but decided to add colour to one sheet to see if I liked it. Guess what? I did! So I added Distress Ink, in Spiced Pumpkin and Scattered Straw all over the paper, and a few drops of water and ending up loving how it turned out. Sometimes, you just need to play around with things!



  I cut the patterned cardstock I had made, down to my card base size of 5 x 7, and mounted on black. 
I had a specific person in mind while making this card, so added a 'Thinking of You' stamp and die sentiment from Gina K Designs to it. 
Couple of  sequins from Simon Says Stamps in Moonshine, rounds it out for me.



Now to the inside and using the fun pop up die. 



 To start, I took a sheet of watercolour paper and added Distress Inks in the same colours I used before, and covered the entire paper in an orange wash of colour, and set it aside to dry. Then cut out the outline using black 110lb cardstock. Once the watercolour paper was dry, I die cut the back of the wings out. Now it was just a matter of adhering all the pieces together, which was really easy. For this, I used Craft Tacky Glue from Tonic. Once the butterfly was assembled, I simply added him to the card base at the fold.  Found some older Basic Grey patterned paper in my stash and added it in to cover up the tabs that are on the back of the butterfly and to add some more pretty to the whole look. Final touch for this guy, was a few white dots scattered on the orange using a white Copic marker.





I created another butterfly and added him to a large flower I had made earlier, that was sitting atop a wedding gift.
 Nice little take away for the bride, to have.



I loved working with this die set, very easy with impressive results. Can't ask for much more! 
When you get a minute, hop on over to the website and check out Effie's incredible product, you won't be disappointed!  https://www.thetonstamps.com

Now, I better write a message inside to my sweet friend Julie, who is dealing with a tough medical blow right now, and get it into the mail for her. (P.S. Julie, close your eyes, you did not see this card!!)

(Not an affiliated post, just love for The Ton Stamps)

Remember...be creative, think of others and kindness always matters.

 Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment