Saturday 27 April 2019

The Power Pack by Pear Blossom Press




Hi Everyone! 

I am so excited to be a part of today’s blog hop featuring the new Power Packs from Pear Blossom Press. These little packs make light up cards so easy!
Since I had so many ideas floating in my head for things that could light up on the card front, settling on one and just getting it done took much more time than working with the simplicity of the power pack! That was by far the short and sweet of the card!


I started out with a piece of Artist Choice 110 lbs cardstock from Gina K. Designs, and cut it down to a 5” x 7” card size, and a layer piece for blending on. I ink blended the night sky with Faded Jeans and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide inks and sprinkled a little water on it to create a starry background. The ground was created using Aged Mahogany and Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide inks. I left the center a little free of ink and colour to allow a glowing effect of the fire light.

Next, I created all my trees using a tree stamp and die from a Recollections Christmas set. I used Gina K. Jelly Bean Green and Grass Green. Since it is a night scene, the trees did not need a ton of detail, so I ink blended them fairly solid to take away the sharpness.


The tent and lantern, I can take not take credit for, it was already in my stash and is from an older Jolee’s  sticker embellishment. It would be easy enough to paper piece though, as I have done it in the past. This one just happened to be perfect and already made, so on it went!




Now, on to the fun part….the light up campfire!! 


The actual fire was made using scraps on my desk. I cut a bunch of grey circular pebbles out using scissors and just touched the edges with a C5 copic marker to add a bit of depth. The fire wood is actually a flower I cut out of brown cardstock and cut in half. The flames are vellum pieces coloured with Y38, YR04 and R24 copics and a touch of glitter. Right behind the flames, I cut a small hole from the card layer base. I then cut another scrap of vellum and scribbled the orange Copic marker all over it. This little piece then got attached to "cover up" the hole and to let the light shine through. You can see in the picture below, the two pieces of the card are opened up, and how it would it would be put together. My on/off switch is a little button behind the tent. Using conductive copper tape, I connected the Pear Blossom Press Power Pack to the light from Chibitronics. The Power Pack will come with directions, as well there are great resources at https://pearblossompress.com/power-pack/ .



After the front of the card was complete, and I had the light circuit complete, I covered the perimeter of the card base in foam tape to add depth for the Power Pack.

Last, but not least, I stamped a quick happy birthday sentiment by Savvystamps, and this fun card was complete!

Thank you so much for stopping by on your hop. Please head over to Pear Blossom Press to check everything out and to get all the details of how to purchase the Power Packs.

Customers in Canada will be able to order kits from my Etsy shop, The Creative Cardshortly 

Pear Blossom Press  will be giving away Power Pack Kits to 5 randomly selected winners that comment on each blog post by 11:59pm PST on May 4th, 2019.

Keep on hopping and commenting! 
Koren Wiskman
Lynda Kanase
Jessica Shier
Lynnea Hollendonner
Kim Brown-Blyleven ------you are here
Niccole Kulig
Annalisa Gibson
Marie Heiderscheit
Beth Duff  Mary Polanco
Rachel Winn
Marcia Caradinta
Katrina Bertelsen
Daisie HansonJessica Francisco
Samantha Klaebe
Jessica McAfee
Lesley Oman
Tania Cordie

Remember...be creative, think of others and kindness always matters.

 Kim




16 comments:

  1. Love how the fire lights up. :) So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah wow! I could feel the heat coming from that fire. Looked so real. Well done. Brilliant wee kit. On my "must have" list (let's face it - us crafter's don't have wants, we have "NEEDS" or "Must Have's". Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGEEE, Kim this card is fantastic!!! My husband is an avid camper and this card would be perfect for him. And adding a light behind the fire is brilliant! Pun intended ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfect to make the campfire light up! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was exactly what I thought about too - a campfire would be PERFECT for these! You read my mind. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of days gone by! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! So awesome! Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card totally speaks to me as we go camping A LOT! and the campfires are always the best part..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card using the fun new light up feature!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! This is so amazing! Love how made the fire and fire wood from scraps and vellum! So clever. Awesomeness overloaded. Lovely campfire card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!!! I'm totally in love for your adorable and funny card!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the camping scene and the light up campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing, love the light in the camp-fire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete