Friday 28 December 2018

Kitchen Sink Stamps -Winter Cardinals

Kitchen Sink Stamps -Winter Cardinals



Welcome back everyone! I have been taking a bit of a break for a few reasons, but slowly moving back into work mode.

Today, I am going to feature a great company out of California, called Kitchen Sink Stamps.  I came to know of them this past summer while attending a stamping convention, called Junkie 
Fest, which was hosted by the Stamp Junkies, an amazing online Facebook group. Kitchen Sink Stamps has hundreds of designs and specialize in multi step clear stamps, where the images look very real. If you haven't checked them out....get on it!

Anyways, I have created several of these cardinal cards to use as Thank You notes that I am sending out this week. I had surgery one week before Christmas, and many, many people did wonderful and kind things to help my family and I out this last while, and I certainly wanted to create cards to share my gratitude. 

I kept all the cards similar as I wanted to get about 25 done in a short time while I was able to sit up (on bed rest...flat) and created them over 3 times in just over an hour. So not bad!

I started with an A2 white card base, then matted with olive green cardstock and a wood grain, snowflake patterned paper, all from Recollections. Then using Neenah white cardstock, I cut a bunch of mats at 4" x 2 3/4" and matted them again on the green. 

Image from Kitchen Sink Stamp

Then it was time to load my MISTI and get stamping! I started with the branches. I stamped the first layer using Versafine 'New Sprout', second layer is 'Olympia Green', followed by 'Vintage Sepia' for the pine cone layer.


For the cardinal, I used Rangers 'Antique Linen' first, followed by Lawn Fawn 'Lobster', then Hero Arts 'Red Midtone'. Last layer for the beak and a touch of detail is Versafine 'black onyx'

The cards received  different sentiments on the outside, yet all read Thank you on the inside. 
This "Peace" stamp shown here, is by Hero Arts.

After the cardinal was done, I added a very slight shadow under his belly with a C3 Copic marker. 

For just a bit more depth and keeping it easy, I went around the edges with a foam piece and a bit more antique linen ink. 

Finishing touch was the random snow using Nuvo drops in 'white'

I hope you enjoyed today's quick card and please do head over to Maria's wonderful company Kitchen Sink Stamps. She has great designs, and a sale on many sets right now!


Remember...be creative, think of others and kindness always matters.


 Kim

(please note, this is an affiliated post)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work on this wonderful card, Kim!! Great design with your winter cardinal and pines dusted with snow!!

    ReplyDelete